Monday, Jan 22, 1945
I guess we’re not going to Denver anytime soon. The weather here may be clear but snowstorms east of Chicago have grounded all planes to New York. “I’m despondent,” Mommy wrote, “I have to call back at 7 PM [for a new reservation] but I can sort of feel it in my bones that I’m sunk. The next reservation is a week from tonight – Monday the 29th, also at 9 PM. If I’m cancelled, I shall wire the grim news to you and follow it up with another wire as soon as I have something.”She’s frustrated by having to wait and also because we’re kind of snowbound. She won’t let me play outside because, she wrote, all I do is eat dirty snow, unlike the nice kids in this movie.